Some things to help orient us for the meeting.
- ‘Party Twist’: The Herald Sun published an appalling front page about Courtney Herron’s murder
- How Australian media are changing the way they report violence against women
- Margaret River shooting: The problem with the ‘good bloke’ narrative
- ‘Good blokes’ don’t murder their families. Full stop.
JOURNAL ARTICLES, BOOK CHAPTERS, REPORTS
- Jane Gilmore’s Fixed It blog. Go and have a look. It’s illuminating.
VIDEOS AND PODCASTS
- The myths about violence against women in the media, Jane Gilmore (13 mins) If you only have time for one resource, this is it**
- Dangerous discourses: Media coverage of violence against women, Pamela Nettleton (40 mins)
IN THE WAAC LIBRARY
- Fixed It, Violence and the representation of women in the media, (on pre-order) Jane Gilmore (2019)
- The War Against Women, Marilyn French (1992)
- Boys Will be Boys. An exploration of power, patriarchy and the toxic bonds of mateship, Clementine Ford (2018)